Thursday, August 27, 2009

* She's at it again *

Today I want to share a movie that I bought about a week ago, I actually watched it twice in a row on the very same week itself! How did I manage to come upon this movie? I was in the shop, soul-searching for movies when I came upon this ' The Boat That Rocked ' stating ' creator of ' Four Weddings, Notting Hill & Love Actually ' and my next reaction was like ' OMFG, is that a Richard Curtis film? ' I always have a thing for Richard Curtis,* giggles to oneself * I know it's lame but I do sometimes search for movies done by producers I adore such as Steven Spielberg, Tim Burton, Ron Howard, Robert Zemeckis, and Richard Curtis. * what I like about Richard Curtis? * to my point of view, he is a good writer and producer with films that were usually a little bit of heartbreaking but yet bringing laughter into the scene, so called ' romantic comedies' with an addition that he has a love for pop music? He is also the one behind Mr.Bean and Bridget Jones Diary

The movie 'The Boat that Rocked' talks about what happen during 1960's in United Kingdom. It is all about MUSIC,SEX & DRUGS! * you got me right, that's what i wrote and that is the time I got to know about Hippies! * In 1966, the moment when pop music was at it's finest era but the government was against it and they only allowed the BBC station to play only two hours of rock and roll every week, so at this time, somewhere in the high seas there happen to be a pirate radio station pumping good music 24 hours a day with rogue disc jockey's *DJs* and 25 millions of people ' that is more than half the population of Britain ' is actually listening to these pirates every single day but the British government official tries to take down the pirate radio to protect the country.


The pirate radio

* On air , off the shore, out of control,
One boat, eight man, no morals,
When Britain rocked, He ruled,
A small boat, the huge ocean, massive ego! *

* Rhys Ifans as Gavin Cavanagh!.. he has a really sexy voice! * yums *

* Philip Seymour Hoffman as The count! * He is a total cutie and he tries his best not to leave his microphone, throughout the whole movie * check out his headphone! *drools*...

It is worth to watch so don't miss this and I just can't get enough of the old school stuffs they have inside the movie! * the records, phonograph and headphones!! * Another thumbs up for this movie is the soundtrack. You get flashback on songs from The Kinks, The Beach Boys, Duffy, Cat Stevens, The Who, Dusty Springfield, Jimi Hendris, The Hollies, David Bowie and lots more which I almost neglected them, but when I was watching the movie I can actually still sing to it! ... Don't get shocked as I am a fan from all genres of music ranging from oldies, indies to electro....
Two of the songs that I liked,...
' Lazy Sunday Afternoon ' Small Faces

Wouldn't it be nice to get on wiv me neighbours( da da da do)
But they make it very clear they've got no room for ravers
They stop me from groovin, they bang on me wall
They're doin me crust in it's no good at all,
Lazy sunday afternoon, I've got no mind to worry, close my eyes and
Drift away, Close my eyes and drift away.

and
' Father and son ' Cat Stevens..
Father :
I was once like you are now, and I know that its not easy,
To be calm when you've found something going on.
But take your time, think a lot,
Why, think of everything you've got.
For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not...

That's my Thursday :)

Total Visitors

  © My Blog Psi by Jiu Jiuz 2008

Back to TOP